Synergy Coaches Corner is intended to be an information depot for all Synergy coaches. There is a lot of information and links below to help you plan your summer season.
Following are recommended steps for a Synergy coach planning out the summer season.
1. Assemble the team and coaching staff. Register coaches with ASA and obtain ACE Coaches Certification.
2. Use Synergy Summer Season Calculator to estimate the cost of the season and calculate how much to charge each player. Add some margin to this amount as it is easier to reimburse than to ask each player for more money at the end of the season.
3. Decide which tournaments to enter. Register early as many tournaments fill up quickly. Suggest that you contact tournament directors in March/April to pencil in your team into a tournament.
4. Please use the spreadsheet included in the Synergy Summer Season Calculator to keep track of revenue (player fees, fundraising) and expenses (tournament fees, uniforms, etc). Make copies of everything for your record. Revenue should be given to Susan Allman to deposit into the Synergy bank account. Give copy of expenses to Susan Allman for reimbursement. If you need a check to pay for a tournament, contact firstname.lastname@example.org but you need to have funds deposited to cover the check. If you don't have the funds, Susan will not cut a check. Same thing goes for reimbursements.
5. Words of advice to coaches, have a someone collect the fees who will in turn send it to Susan Allman. I would break the fees up into 2 payments if parents ask. First payment is due at first team meeting. Second payment is due before first tournament. You have to be strict and collect fees. Head coach is responsible for the financials, if the team is in the red, it is on you to cover because Susan will not cut any checks if you are in the red. From experience, trying to collect after season is over doesn't work well. You won't get any responses from dead beats.
Good luck and have a successful season.
You could win $5,000! Plus, help us win a VIP Theater Takeover for our members. ENTER NOW